First, and most importantly, we hope this email finds you and your loved ones healthy and well.
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is felt around the world, our hearts go out to those affected. During this unsettling global event our number one priority is doing the right thing for the health and safety of our community. We have been working to figure out a schedule to continue to best serve our patient population upon reopening.
We will be reopening the clinic in a very limited capacity and are taking patients on a case by case basis. If you are post-surgery or feel you cannot wait for your next physical therapy visit and are not within a considered high-risk category (i.e. over 65), please give us a call to schedule an appointment. We will be operating in a “one therapist – one client” model and will be using our studio. There is an external entrance to our treatment area and the only common space shared with Sierra Foot and Ankle clinic is the bathroom adjacent to the CoreAlign studio. We will provide sanitizing supplies and ensure the area is frequently cleaned following the most stringent public health recommendations.
Here’s what we are doing to ensure your safety:
- We will be limiting occupancy to just one therapist and one client in the studio at a time.
- We have adjusted our schedules to accommodate and will be operating on very limited hours.
- In addition, we are sanitizing the clinic with CDC approved disinfectants. This includes cleaning all surfaces including weights, med balls, bands, etc. We will constantly be disinfecting surfaces through patient treatments.
- Anyone entering the clinic will immediately sanitize their hands with a 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer solution.
- Every person entering the clinic will wear a face mask, if you do not have one, we will provide you one to use during your visit, but we have a limited supply. We also have disposable filters to add to your homemade mask if necessary, to give you additional protection.
- We will do our best to distance 6 feet from others when in the Sierra Foot and Ankle clinic shared space and will observe universal precautions against infection
- We will be screening every patient before their scheduled appointment time. This will include:
- Your temperature will be taken before entering.
- Any patient with a temperature over 98.9 will not be seen.
- We will verify that you do not have any obvious exposure risks to or symptoms of COVID-19 infection
What you can do to help us be safe:
- Alert us if you have experienced symptoms or have been diagnosed with or been exposed to the COVID-19 infection.
- Please make sure we have an appropriate contact # for us to communicate with you.
- Upon arrival, please text your therapist to let them know you have arrived.
- Please wait in your car until we are ready to escort into the studio through the studio door, do not bring any personal belongings, except for payment, with you into the clinic. Car keys are ok and can be wiped down when you sanitize your hands.
- Please wear your mask when entering the studio, minimizing touching additional surfaces as much possible. We have a very limited supply of masks and will provide you one if necessary. However, we would greatly appreciate you providing your own.
- At this time, we will be checking your temperature with a temporal forehead scan thermometer.
- Please remain 6ft away from others within the clinic if you need to use the restroom in the reception area. Best case scenario, please plan accordingly so you won’t have to use our restroom facilities.
- Reduce physical contact with others. Please do not hug or shake hands.
- If you are over the age of 65, are considered high risk (reference the CDC website CDC.org), or have any symptoms similar to COVID-19 infection, we ask that you to stay home and utilize our telehealth option or visit our Ascent Physical Therapy Website for helpful home exercise programs. ascentphysicaltherapy.com
- Please be prepared to pay a copay either with a check, credit or medical savings account card. We will have the “square app” available to take card payments. Please avoid cash as this is difficult to disinfect. Depending on your current financial situation, co-pays are optional during this time. If necessary, please discuss this with your therapist.
- As we continue to learn from clinical evidence and as practice guidelines develop during the COVID-19 pandemic, we may have to adjust some of these practices and policies. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Stay alert to your phones and emails for further updates. We will be updating you as soon as we have further information.
Some Frequently Asked Questions: Coronavirus/COVID-19
As part of the healthcare sector, Physical Therapy is considered an essential business. We play an important role in the health and well-being of our patients and the communities we serve.
We will open for business and are accepting new patients during limited business hours of operation. We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time.
Let’s take a moment to address some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are you open?
A: We are open in limited hours in an effort to adhere to public health guidelines. Please call our office, or your Therapist directly, to schedule an appointment.
Our office # 775-885-9965
Q: What happens if I cancel an appointment at the last minute due to illness symptoms?
A: There will be no penalties for cancellations and missed appointments related to respiratory illnesses until further notice.
Q: How do you know if other patients have it? I don’t want to be exposed to the virus.
A: We are screening all patients according to guidance from the CDC and our local public health department. This includes:
– Taking everyone’s temperature before they enter for their appointment
– Screening on the phone and when people arrive that they are not exhibiting any symptoms related to coronavirus
Q: What are you doing to make sure germs are taken care of at the clinic?
A: We always have patient safety in mind and disinfect all surfaces on a regular basis, regardless of the coronavirus outbreak. Here are a few extra things we are doing to ensure your health:
- Every patient and therapist will wear a mask. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one for the day’s treatment.
- We will be disinfecting our gym space that is touched using CDC approved disinfectants.
- We are following distancing guidelines to minimize exposure while maximizing therapeutic benefits.
- We have adjusted patient schedules to limit the amount of people in our clinic to 2 (one patient, one therapist) to adhere to distancing guidelines
- We are taking all cleaning and hygiene precautions recommended by the CDC.
Q: If I have a cough can I come in for my appt?
A: If you are experiencing any sickness, please wait to schedule an appointment until you are symptom free, without the use of symptom reducing medication, for 24 hours.
If you have fever or symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath and have either traveled internationally or had close contact with someone who’s suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus, please call your primary healthcare provider prior to attending an appointment.